ENERGY STAR certified dryers use 20 percent less energy than conventional models without sacrificing features or performance. 他们使用了创新的节能技术, such as moisture sensors that detect when clothes are dry and automatically shut the dryer off. 许多ENERGY STAR干燥器还包括方便的功能, such as steam cycles that can help save time on ironing clothes by preventing wrinkles.
More than 80 percent of American homes have a clothes dryer, so the savings opportunity is huge. If all clothes dryers sold in the US were ENERGY STAR certified, Americans could save $1.5 billion each year in utility costs and prevent greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to more than 2 million vehicles. To choose a dryer that saves energy and money while protecting the environment, 寻找能源之星标签.
Get the most efficiency from your ENERGY STAR certified dryer by considering the following:
- 传感器干燥. 使用传感器干燥，不定时干燥. ENERGY STAR dryer models incorporate advanced moisture sensors to help you reduce your dryer’s energy use. This feature ensures that your dryer will automatically shut off when clothes are dry
- 低的热定形. Longer drying cycles on a low heat setting use less energy. 当你购买了能源之星认证的干衣机, look in the informational materials shipped with the product for which cycle was tested for certification and how the dryer’s other cycles or settings may use more or less energy.
- 考虑气体. 美国80%的烘干机是电动的. 如果你有选择的话, consider using a gas dryer to save money and reduce your environmental impact.
- 二人储蓄. An ENERGY STAR certified washer/dryer pair will save even more energy and money while doing your laundry. Clothes washers that have earned the ENERGY STAR incorporate advanced technology and functionality to get significantly more water out of your clothes in its final spin cycle than a conventional model. This makes it easier for clothing to dry in an ENERGY STAR certified dryer using less heat. Less heat means energy savings and reduced wear and tear on your clothes caused by over-drying.
Many of the latest dryer models are available in both electric and gas versions, 所以你可以选择哪个选项是适合你的.
气体干燥器 操作成本可能更低, 这取决于你所在地区的电费和煤气费, 但可能会有稍高的初始价格标签. 和大多数电动烘干机一样, 气体模型需要通风到室外, in addition gas models also require a dedicated gas line which may not be practical for some types of housing and could add to the cost of installation.
电动烘干机 可能会稍微便宜一点, 但运行成本可能比汽油车高, 这取决于你所在地区的公用事业费率. 对于室外通风系统可能不实用的家庭, ventless electric models are available that do not require venting. 电动烘干机不需要专用的燃气管道, 但大多数标准尺寸的型号需要240伏电源插座. Alternatively, some compact dryers are available for a 120 V outlet.
- If you are replacing a dryer, consider how much laundry you dry each week.
- 干燥 太大 一堆会使它花更长的时间变干. The drum needs to be large enough to allow a full load from the washer to tumble freely, 留有足够的空间让热空气流通.
- 太小了 负载过低也会导致问题. 干燥 a single towel for 30 minutes will cost about as much as drying a full load for the same time. Smaller loads can actually take longer to dry without benefit of the tumbling effect of a full load.
- It is a bit easier if you are buying both a matching washer and dryer - manufacturers normally design these pairs to work together with the same sized load.
Combined Energy Factor (CEF) is a measure of energy efficiency that reflects the energy use of the clothes dryer - the higher the CEF, 烘干机越节能.
- Moisture Sensors -- Many new clothes dryers come designed with a moisture sensor, which automatically ends the drying cycle when clothes are dry.
- Automatic Cycle Termination – Select a product with automatic termination to help prevent your clothes from over-drying. 这一功能不仅能节省能源, but it will also save wear and tear on your clothes caused by over-drying.
- Delayed Start – Delay start gives you the option of setting the dryer to begin according to your schedule. In some cases delaying the start of the dryer could save on energy costs.
- Steam – Many dryer models come with a steam cycle option or feature to help release wrinkles and remove odors in clothing.